1 package (about 18 oz.) chocolate cake mix
1 container (8 oz.) sour cream
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup water
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 package (4-serving size) instant chocolate pudding and pie filling mix
1. Coat Crock-Pot slow cooker with butter or nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine all ingredients in medium bowl; mix well. Transfer to Crock-Pot slow cooker.
3. Cover and cook * the recipe book had a cook time conflict *
- in the instructions it said cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH 3 to 4 hours.
- at the top of the page it said cook time: 3 to 4 hours LOW and 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours on HIGH
I tried it on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours and ended up having to keep checking on it after my 4 hours mark was up, because the center was still not done all the way. After a little additional time to let the cake bake I cut into it. The center was very moist and delicious but the sides were a little bit crisp.
I topped it with french vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup! The cake was good, but we had to work our way around the hard outside edges. It was a good learning experiment, but my advice would be to leave the baking to the oven. :)